Thursday, April 14, 2016

Thursday's Field Trip

RESPONSES TO COMMENTS (copy your comments back over to your blog and add a Version 2 for corrections)



  1. Ling Cao, what a great start! How about the other 10 questions?
  2. Ling Li, what a path blazer! Great work! For words where the noun exists, you could just use the noun rather than create a gerund, e.g. piano performance (not performing) and enjoyment (not enjoying). Also, the sentence about the museum seems to need a verb.
  3. Bing, super work! The 3rd rule of etiquette should be, Do not applaud until the end of a piece, not at the end of each movement within a piece. A good way to know is to wait for the educated people to applaud first, LOLs, or people who seem educated! How did you get "violin and cello" in there?
  4. Cheng, that's a good start. A little skimpy on the answers, though, as we had 10 questions. ... Oh wait, it's down below: that's a pretty good shot! Be sure to find out some of the answers from friends!
  5. Gacia, "wearing good dress" may not be a rule for this free lunchtime concert. Something normal for downtown travel would be sufficient, as a rule. I hope the concert doesn't start as late as you reported! Great work!
  6. Nice work, Angelica! Where's your 3rd rule of etiquette? Please tell Fottima to leave by 10 a.m. to be on time. There's usually a long line to get in, and that's why we need to get there early.
  7. Emma, you nailed it! The most important rule is to keep quiet! Many think they can whisper or rustle their program sheets, and the result is irritating. Do check with your classmates about the concert details!
  8. Olivia, you, too! Yeah, a classical concert is different from a buffet, where you can yak and jabber and whisper with impunity. If you leave Don Mills at 11:30, you'll be waiting outside the concert area until we finish as seating is limited. You should arrive around 11 a.m. so that you'll be among those in the front of the line.
  9. Brilliant answers, Hamed! Good thinking, except for departure time from Don Mills. Do you think you could be ushered in and seated in time for the performance at 12 noon?
  10. Ani, I'm so sorry your answer disappeared. It happens, sadly, when something goes wrong through human or technological error. Better results next time!
How about everybody find a place for lunch together so we can all be friends and get to know one another?


This Thursday's field trip is to a free concert at Richard Bradshaw Amphitheatre in the Four Seasons Centre for the Performing Arts above Osgoode Station.



Please meet at 10:00 a.m. on the Westbound Platform of Bayview Station or 11 a.m. at the entrance of Four Seasons. The itinerary includes Queen Station, PATH Underground City, Nathan Phillips Square, the former and present City Halls, and Osgoode Hall.

Here are your pre-trip activities, to be answered in Comments, below:

  1. What are three rules of etiquette at any concert?
  2. What instrument or performance would you expect to see at the concert?
  3. What time does the concert begin?
  4. Who's the performer?
  5. What do you hope to take away from the free concert?
  6. Who's leaving from Don Mills Station on Thursday, and at what time?
  7. Which of the other places on the itinerary interests you, and why?
  8. What's the weather going to be like on Thursday?
  9. What would you advise your classmates to bring on Thursday?
  10. Who's your lunch partner on Thursday?


16 comments:

  1. What time does the concert begin?
    The concert is going to begin at 12:00pm to 1:00pm.
    Who's the performer?
    The performer is Kara Huber. She is a pianist.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 1.What are three rules of etiquette at any concert?
      First you should be on time. Second you can't take any food and drink. Third you can't take photos.
      2.What instrument or performance would you expect to see at the concert?
      This is a piano performing, so I just expect to see the classic piano at the concert.
      3.What time does the concert begin?
      The concert begins at 12:00PM.
      4.Who's the performer?
      The performer is called Kara Huber.
      5.What do you hope to take away from the free concert?
      I hope to take away enjoying of musical from the free concert.
      6.Who's leaving from Don Mills Station on Thursday, and at what time?
      Xinyang and me will leave from Don Mills Station on Thursday. I think we will go there at 10 o'clock.
      7.Which of the other places on the itinerary interests you, and why?
      I also want to a museum after the concert, because the concert ends only 1:00PM.
      8.What's the weather going to be like on Thursday?
      It will be sunny on Thursday. The temperature will be 7 degree clesius.
      9.What would you advice your classmates to bring on Thursday?
      If you don't know the location of the concert, you need bring a map or GPS.
      10.Who's your lunch partner on Thursday?
      My husband XinYang is my lunch Partner on Thursday.

      Delete
    2. 1.What are three rules of etiquette at any concert?
      First you should be on time. Second you can't take any food and drink. Third you can't take photos.
      2.What instrument or performance would you expect to see at the concert?
      This is a piano performance, so I just expect to see the classic piano at the concert.
      3.What time does the concert begin?
      The concert begins at 12:00PM.
      4.Who's the performer?
      The performer is called Kara Huber.
      5.What do you hope to take away from the free concert?
      I hope to take away enjoyment of musical from the free concert.
      6.Who's leaving from Don Mills Station on Thursday, and at what time?
      Xinyang and me will leave from Don Mills Station on Thursday. I think we will go there at 10 o'clock.
      7.Which of the other places on the itinerary interests you, and why?
      I also want to visit a museum after the concert, because the concert ends only 1:00PM.
      8.What's the weather going to be like on Thursday?
      It will be sunny on Thursday. The temperature will be 7 degree clesius.
      9.What would you advice your classmates to bring on Thursday?
      If you don't know the location of the concert, you need bring a map or GPS.
      10.Who's your lunch partner on Thursday?
      My husband XinYang is my lunch Partner on Thursday.

      Delete
  3. 1, the rules should be: a, dress formally; b, be quiet; c, applaud until the whole chapter is finished
    2, violin and cello
    3, On Tuesday, April 12 at 12 p.m.
    4, Virtuoso Kara Huber
    5, happiness
    6, Ling Li is going from Don Mills station on Thursday at 9:30am.
    7, Path Underground city, Nathan Phillips Square and Osgoode Hall on the itinerary interest me becasue I have never heard and been there before.
    8, Thursday will be a sunny day and the highest temperature will be 7 Celsius
    9, I would like to advice my classmates to bring some water and cash for lunch
    10, I will have lunch with Ling and Tina

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What are three rules of etiquette at any concert?
    1- To be at time 2-wearing good dress
    What instrument or performance would you expect to see at the concert?
    Piano concert
    What time does the concert begin?
    At 5.30 p.m .
    Who's the performer?
    Kara Haber
    What do you hope to take away from the free concert?
    Good Filling and something to learn about the music
    Who's leaving from Don Mills Station on Thursday, and at what time?
    All my classmate friends
    Which of the other places on the itinerary interests you, and why?
    What's the weather going to be like on Thursday?
    Its sunny
    What would you advice your classmates to bring on Thursday?
    I advice them to bring good feeling
    Who's your lunch partner on Thursday?
    My partner is my friend Ani

    ReplyDelete
  6. The first rule is If it's a sitdown show, sit. be aware and courteous of people behind you. The second is the Ipad rule, leave them at home taking photos or recording songs on a giant tablets is completely inappropriate.
    The performance i would expect to see is a Concert of Piano. It will be at 12-1 pm, the performer will be a dymanic and american pianist Kara Huber . I hope to enjoy with this performance and take the opportunity to listen a Concert inspiring in the sports.
    Fatima will leave from don Mills station at 11:30 am. It will be a sunny day, a temperature of 7 degrees. The advice for my classmates would be to bring only their pocket to have lunch after the Concert or maybe bring some snack lunch to share with your partner. My lunch partner will be Fatima on Thursday.

    ReplyDelete
  7. 1. Don't speak aloud during the concert.
    Turn off the cell phones.
    Don't take flash photograph.
    Etc.
    2. I would like to see the Violins, Viola, Cellos, Saxophones, Trumpets, Piano and Bass.
    3. Maybe the concert begin at 12:00 PM.
    4. The performer include musicians and conductor.
    5. I will take away some feelings from the concert.
    6. Some of my classmates will leave from Don Mills Station on Thursday.
    7. I perfer to walk through PATH Underground City. I never have been there.
    8. It looks like a good weather on Thursday.
    9. I will advice my classmates to bring water and tokens.
    10. Emma will be my lunch partner.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 1. keep quiet during the concert.

      Turn off the cell phones.

      Don't take flash photograph.

      Etc.

      2. I would like to see the Piano.

      3. The concert will begin at 12:00 PM.

      4. The performer is pianist Kara Huber.

      5. I will take away some feelings from the concert.

      6. Some of my classmates will leave from Don Mills Station at 9:40 a.m. on Thursday .

      7. I perfer to walk through PATH Underground City. because I never have been there.

      8. It looks like a good weather on Thursday.

      9. I will advice my classmates to bring water, money and token.

      10. Emma and Olivia will be my lunch partner.

      Delete
  8. 1.Keep quite. Don't take the picture. switch your cell phone to quite model.
    2.I would like to see about dancing performance at the concert.
    3.The concert begin at 12 pm.
    4.I think the professional actors are performers.
    5.I'm sure I will have good feeling.
    6.My classmates and I will leave from don mills Station on Thursday, at about 9:30.
    7.I prefer to choose PATH Underground City.Because my partner Chen choose it, I must follow him.
    8.I'd like to enjoy a sunshine day.
    9.I advice my classmates to bring water and candy.
    10.I think I will have lunch with Olivia,cheng,Hamed and sally etc.

    ReplyDelete
  9. 1.Refrain from talking, turn off cell phones and watch alarms, don't take flash photography. I think those three rules are in common.
    2.I'd like to see djembe, drum like that.
    3.it starts at 12 p.m.
    4.Billy Strayhorn.
    5.I'd like to know more about music and instrument.
    6.Our group will be leaving from Don Mills Station at 11:30
    7.One of Down Town, because that was my first time in Canada.
    8.On thursday, it will be sunny.
    9.Camera, mobile charger, wallet.
    10.that's perhaps Emma .

    ReplyDelete
  10. 1.What are three rules of etiquette at any concert?
    We should be there 1 hour before begininig concert.
    Keep quiet during the concert performance
    Pay attention to concert information
    2.What instrument or performance would you expect to see at the concert?
    piano
    3.What time does the concert begin?
    12 _1 pm
    4.Who's the performer?
    Kara Huber
    5.What do you hope to take away from the free concert?
    good memories
    6.Who's leaving from Don Mills Station on Thursday, and at what time?
    My friends and I, at 11.30
    7.Which of the other places on the itinerary interests you, and why?
    all of them , because I spent good time with my friends
    8.What's the weather going to be like on Thursday?
    sunny
    9.What would you advice your classmates to bring on Thursday?
    camera
    10.Who's your lunch partner on Thursday?
    I have no idea

    ReplyDelete
  11. I published my commend before 1 hour ago and I dont know what happen,why my commend not apply.

    ReplyDelete

Answer key to editing checklist appetizer

  Int excel